On Sunday the U.S. military leaders said that they did not yet have information about the nature of the two airborne objects which had been brought down over the United States and Canada since Friday.
During a media briefing on Sunday, Gen. Glen VanHerck, commander of North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) and the U.S. Northern Command (USNORTHCOM), said that, unlike the suspected Chinese spy balloon which had been brought down off the coast of South Carolina on Feb. 4, they actually had no information on the two recent objects in terms of how they remained airborne or moved along.
As they noted during the meeting the objects have been categorized as such, because they are not categorized as balloons. Following the briefing, one defense official said that there was “no indication of aliens or extraterrestrial activity with these recent takedowns.”
VanHerck had also been asked about whether that was a possibility to which he replied that he would “let the intel community and the counterintelligence community” investigate that.
On Sunday over Lake Huron, a fourth unidentifiable flying object was shot down. A senior administration official had referred to this item as an octagonal structure with strings that had no discernible payload.
VanHerck also noted that there were similarities in both shape and size between the three objects that were recently shot down. He added that the objects are nearly static when located, whereas fighter jets are able to cover distances at around 200 mph per hour.